Duckett’s Grove Christmas Fair & Fireworks Spectacular 6th December 2015
On December 6th
from 12noon – 6pm Duckett’s Grove Historic House will be transformed into Carlow’s own Winter wonderland when it hosts its annual Christmas Fair. A fabulous selection of seasonal activities will be available to entertain and delight all the family.
The magic and fun of Christmas can be enjoyed in this unique setting, which was formerly at the centre of an extensive estate that dominated the Carlow landscape for over 300 years. A traditional Christmas fair promoting the best of Carlow including craft, food and musical entertainment awaits all visitors in the courtyard area adjacent to the main house.
A fantastic Fireworks Spectacular by Rocket Pyrotechnics will round off this year’s festive fun at 6pm.
- Local craft market featuring a wide variety of producers: woodturning, pottery, hand knitting, jewellery, hand made cards and Christmas decorations.
- Local artisan festive food market featuring cakes, puddings and pies.
- Carlow Farmers’ Hunt.
- FREE Weaving and blacksmith demonstrations.
- FREE Santa’s Grotto with surprise for each child.
- FREE Storytelling of Christmas Tales at 2p.m. and 4p.m.
- FREE Make and do Christmas workshops.
- FREE Festive face painting of Christmas characters.
- FREE Christmas songs, music and dance by local groups.
- 50ft Inflatable Dragon obstacle course.
- FREE Falconry Display by Woodlands Falconry.